I had to share this with you!
When it comes to user experience, going from opt-in to thank you page to email can be clunky.
Sometimes they never actually see the email and completely forget about you.
Sometimes the email ends up in spam or sponsored.
I’m a big fan of delivering what you promised right away, on the next page for example.
But if you require them to go to their inbox, here is a cool way to streamline the journey for them.
It only works for Gmail users, but nowadays that’s most people.
Here’s how you do it
You’ll create a link on the thank you page like this:
Then add the link wherever.
This link will take you to your Gmail inbox
and search my email
It will open up a new window in their Gmail inbox and automatically search your domain, which will pull up the first and only email from you (if they’re new subscribers).
How cool is that!
Here are some other fun Gmail facts 🙂
- Gmail remains the most popular email platform with over 1.8 billion users worldwide.
- It has 18% of the email client market share in May 2021.
- Gmail accounts for 27% of all email opens.
- 75% of all Gmail users access their email on mobile devices.
- 61% of 18-29-year-olds use Gmail.
- An average Gmail account is worth around $3,588.85.
- 306.4 billion emails are sent and received daily in 2020.